Today I turn 36. Yikes did I just say that and release how old I really am. Like the saying goes the 30′s are the new 20′s. (I am trying to convince myself that’s true!) A little over two weeks ago I had an amazing trip with my husband to Big Sur to shoot an awesome wedding. We kept driving by this field and on our way home I said, “Babe, I want pictures here!” He looked at me like really you never take pictures! Yes I am a photographer and am afraid of the camera go figure! So really fast he made a U-turn and here is a sample of me facing my fears and trying new things!
So in thought to this post I really wanted to share 36 facts about me, I feel a little conceited saying that. (lol)
Here it goes:
1. Family is always first, I wouldn’t be who I am without them! LOVE!
2. My favorite color is Pink.
3. I laugh at myself and ramble up a storm.
4. I have 2 left feet, but I love to dance my heart out!
5. Chocolate I can never get enough of, preferably dark.
6. Seeing older people holding hands always makes me cry, it shows how strong love can endure.
7. I believe in everything happens for a reason.
8. I play the piano by ear.
9. I am a hugger, but will shake hands first.
10. Amazon is my best friend and my husbands worst enemy.
11. Pandora and I rock out while I edit.
12. I make the best salsa in the world, I really should bottle that up!
13. When I see a penny on heads I will carry it all day long, especially on a wedding day, if I see it on tales I will flip it over so the next time someone walks by they will have a great day.
14. I care more than I should sometimes, peoples feelings become mine, that’s just the way I am.
15. MAC makeup cannot live without it!
16. Hate to exercise but am trying.
17. Reality shows suck me in.
18. Yes I am a cryer at the movies, always carry a tissue.
19. I adore chick flicks I can watch the Proposal, the Notebook, Ever After, Bridal Wars, Pretty in Pink, Sweet Home Alabama, Something Borrowed and the list can go on and on.
20. I drop my kids off to school in my pajamas. (I do stay in the car, no need to embarrass them.)
21. My escape is being a photographer. I don’t know how to explain the feeling of passion I have for shooting weddings.
22. When I was in high school I was voted best personality.
23. Love fashion even though I am not that fashionable. I love when I get to help in putting outfits together.
24. One of my favorite parts of shooting a wedding is the moments between father and daughter. I miss my dad everyday since he’s been gone.
25. My friends are family to me, I love them and all their support.
26. Blogging is really not my thing, but I know I have to lol!
27. I love all sorts of music and I tell my husband I can sing just like them.
18. The feeling of sand between my toes and waves crashing against the rocks is one thing I love, but don’t have much time to do.
19. Speaking of time, I always feel our days should be 36 hours instead of 24. We could get more done.
20. Really loving the new style of vintage and ruffles.
21. Never wear dresses, but just bought one the other day.
22. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
23. I am giving even when I cannot give.
24. My dream trip is to go to Italy, I am hoping it will be for a wedding!
25. Always have to convince myself to be positive, but am real when things get to gritty.
26. I am a great listener, but may not always give the best advice.
27. I am also a talker, I can talk to anyone!
28. Pinkberries is amazing!
29. I’ve twisted my ankles three times, I am a clutz.
30. Shopping makes everything all better!
31. Disneyland is my happy place, I love watching my kids smiles and running around! Favorite ride Space Mountain of course!
32. W magazine is the best! I get most of my inspiration from.
33. I love the movies, but is hard to avoid the popcorn.
34. Determination, I am self taught in all that I’ve done. No matter how difficult the situation I will figure it out.
35. I can’t get enough of the kids all climbing on the bed and tell me all that’s going on.
36. Last one, I can’t thank everyone that I have crossed paths with for making my 36 years. I feel so loved, inspired, and ambitious. My dreams keep going, my heart still loves, and my ear is still hear to listen. Thank you all!